San Diego Indian Community -
| | | | | | | | | | | |


  Replacing a Lost Drivers Licence


For Drivers 18 years of age or over who already have instructional permit or a teen license.

If your driver license or instruction (learner’s) permit is lost or stolen, you can get a replacement at your local driver licensing office.

You must bring all of the following with you when you request a replacement license or permit:

Replace your driver license while out of state

If you are out of state and your driver license is lost or stolen, you can replace it by mail. Your can only replace a license that is not suspended, revoked, surrendered, or cancelled.

The replacement license:

  • Expires on the same date as your lost or stolen license.
  • Doesn’t include your photograph.
  • Includes the same endorsements as the license you are replacing (motorcycle or CDL).

Replace license by mail

If you will not be back in Washington State within 30 days, you can replace a lost or stolen driver license by mail. The replacement license is labeled “valid without photo” and “not valid for identification.”

To replace a license by mail, send us:

Mail the completed form and fee to:
Driver Records — Record Updates
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9048
Olympia, WA 98507-9048

To have the form sent to you, call (360) 902-3900 or email

Military personnel

For information about how to replace your driver license if you are serving in the military outside of Washington State, see Military personnel.